Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 23 - The Easy Life

After therapy we usually have some errands to run or maybe lunch to grab.  Today wasn't any different. 

As we checked out at the grocery store the young cashier gazed at Eisley as she slept in her carseat.  Admittedly a very pleasant sight.  I'm sure many of us have spent countless time watching our babes sleep.  Made even better if you get to rock them while doing so.

The clerk commented how she would love to switch places with Miss E - you know - living the life of ease.  I just smiled and nodded, thinking - if only you knew.

Now, as her mama, if I could take her place and stop Eisley from any suffering, I would certainly do it in a heartbeat.  But as for having a life of ease?  Right.  It's the life of ease that scores physicians doting on you and leaving you with really cool scars down your chest and across your neck.  The life of ease with therapy sessions once or twice a week.  The life of ease with Mommy trying all the time to get you to eat and sticking weird feeling brushes and nubby sticks in your mouth.

Mentioning all these things is just not how Eisley rolls.  She works hard and keeps on going until she finds a way to get the job done.  Although she's yet an infant, I can tell, Eisley is not going to be one to complain about her situation, she'll just make the best of it.

Miss Eisley you're an inspiration to me - keep up the hard work!

No comments: