Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 16 - Asking for Help

I'm not one who likes to ask for help.  I'm sure as a child I was one yelling "I do it mineself!"  I've even gone so far as to take apart our dryer and replace the heating element (after researching to figure out what was wrong), because I didn't want to call a repair guy.  Sometimes this is a bit crippling - time wasted searching for an answer when you could simply ask someone else and be done.

And then a special snowflake fell from the sky on a blizzardy day last winter - Miss Eisley.  I quickly learned I couldn't do it all.  I couldn't even make it over to the NICU from my hospital room without asking for help.  Offers for help were pouring in, so it was a little easier to say "Yes, you can help."  We were surrounded with great friends, family and neighbors who pitched and and got groceries, cooked meals, watched kids, fed the dog, listened and so much more.

As Eisley grows and her needs change, I strive to give her all she needs.  Yet again, I find myself having to ask for help to teach us how to give her the best there is to be had.  This little one is making me change and grow.  In the end, it's not too bad.

I love you E and thanks for the many lessons you have taught me!

No comments: