Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 14 - Big T

Tristan's first nickname of Bubba started  when Keira was learning to talk and couldn't get his name out - an easy fix for her and it stuck.  Until a few years ago baseball coach labeled him as Big T and that's all he would answer to.  I've always thought he hardly lives up to the name and better fits Daddy's nickname of Bones in HS.  As I have watched him grow over this last year, I can see he truly does live up to the name, maybe not in stature, but in responsibility, maturity and integrity.

As I sat and listened to the 5th grade teacher brag about Tristan and how he handles himself in class, my heart swelled with pride and love.  The teacher went on to explain that one of the kids in class has a behavior problem (not news, in past years this little one was carried to the principal's office while having tantrums), but Tristan continues to show him unconditional love and respect while some of the other classmates shun him.  I chatted with Tristan about this afterwards and he replied, "It's not a big deal Mom, he does act a little weird sometimes, but he likes the same things I do and we can have fun together."  Hmmm, more alike than different.

Tristan has definitely taken on the role of big brother quite well, he takes those girls under his wings and teaches them many things.  T is the one the girls call for when they aren't happy with Mom or Dad.  They know that he will help them and stick up for them.  Tristan is not perfect, he does get frustrated with his sisters (often), he is starting to recognize this and has been apologetic for his behavior.  He's even decided to do some reading in the Bible for guidance.

Even riding on the baby rides, so Lexi can too!
My shy, quiet, lego building, book reading, story writing, video game playing, iTune listening Big T has become the big brother I always dreamed of having.  I love you T!

No comments: