Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Long Day

Our day started early enough for being a day off.  Eisley had her 6 month check up with cardiology including a echo.  The echo looked good.  She does still have a small VSD - hole in between the two lower chambers of her heart, but it's tiny and nothing to do about it.  Because of this she has a murmur.  I was concerned because all the providers we have seen lately say it is loud.  But after seeing the cardiology PA, I learned that is a good thing for her - it means the blood is flowing in the right direction.  The thickness of the right side of her heart has decreased a little as well - it was quite thick when she was born, so additional improvement we will take!  We go back in 6 months and if that looks good, it will be down to yearly visits.

During the echo, Lexi had a little cough - one that catches your attention and makes you jump.  Yep, she upchucked right there.  Luckily I had just moved out of the way.

We ran to Toys-R-Us to exchange some gifts (I hastily snagged a lego set on black Friday, but it was a duplicate) and shop for cousins.  Grabbed some lunch at the mall, nope Lexi wasn't even ready for 7-Up, and jetted out of there before any further puking incidents.

E had to be back to Childrens at 1 for her monthly Synagis injection.  I knew the stuff was pricey, but we just got the bill for last month - nearly $4,000!  Thankfully our insurance covers it all.

And then off to physical therapy.  Our afternoon sessions are not so quiet and relaxing.  There are at least 3, if not 4 others working in the same room.  So Lexi doesn't really have the free reign she did with our morning time.  Eisley also gets distracted watching everyone else and doesn't want to work.  Soon our regular therapist will be back from maternity leave and we'll be back to quiet sessions.

Finally, after everyone got home and ate, they were off to church.  Eisley, Lexi and I stayed home to relax.
Oh, yeah, relax she does well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute picture! What a sweet little sleeping angel. :)