Below is a narrative that Tristan wrote for school. He was asked to write about an important moment in his life. This assignment is one that his teacher saved to share with us at conferences. Sometimes I forget that my little baby boy is growing up.
I've been told many times before about baptism and accepting Jesus into your heart, but never understood what it was like. Since the first time I did hear about this, I always felt like I was in a big bubble. Surrounded by sin, I couldn't get out.
The only way to get out was to let Jesus in. I wished I'd figured that out sooner. Whenever I thought I was ready, I chickened out. Months passed by and I still was thinking. Finally after my sister went to bed (I only had one sister back then), I asked Mom and Dad if I could have Jesus in my heart. They told me I had to say a special prayer. So, I did. I felt so relieved afterward.
A week (or two) later I got baptized. The song Amazing Grace was playing. We got in the water and my dad asked one more time, "Are you sure you want to do this?" I nodded my head yes, held my breath and plugged my nose and ...SPLASH! I came right back up a newborn. I was out of the bubble.
That was a great moment for me.
If you haven't been baptized, accepted Jesus into your heart or even heard about God, tell me and maybe I can help you. Maybe if you're getting angry a lot or doing stuff you shouldn't, read the Bible. I had a serious anger issue with my sister, but after a read a little bit about the Bible, (even though it had nothing to do with Keira and me)I was calmer.
If you haven't already, I highly recommend accepting God in your heart.
All About Annabelle
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment