Saturday, January 8, 2011

Big Birthday Bash

 As we endured through all the preparations of her party, the princess slept
 I spotted the banner idea in pics of Miss Macy's party plans.  We put our own little twist on it with some arts and crafts time for the big kids.  I was surprised that Tristan helped, but since it was for his baby sister, he didn't mind.  Keira really objected to letting Lexi color any of it, afraid that she might ruin it.  I finally convinced her if it indeed did get ruined, we could print out another letter and redo it. 
 HyVee did such a nice job on the cake, it matched the invitations we sent out just perfectly!
 Great Grandma Rich and her two youngest great granddaughters.
 Hmmm, the princess is sleeping, again?
 Leave it to Aunt Lori to start a balloon fight (she's the one with big bags of lollipops too)!
 Great Grandpa Rich got his turn with the girls too
 Our attempt at a family pic - midafternoon is obviously not the prime time
 He he he, that cake is for me?  Notice she already dipped her fingers in it?
 Aside from doing a nice job with the big cake, HyVee also gives the 1 yr old a free mini cake of their own!
 We weren't the only ones doing arts and crafts last night.  The Bergers gave Eisley several bibs with variations of her name on them and of course a stinger.  If you couldn't guess, Daddy is a Cardinals fan, while Kimberly is a Boston fan.  What a cute idea!
 These boys will both be having a birthday in the summer
 Laini found herself a boyfriend!
I really liked the memory book at GG's 90th birthday, so we had guests write a note to Eisley about how she has inspired them or made a difference.  There were many very special notes which I know she will treasure as she grows. 

I wondered how we were going to fit everyone in the house - the nearly 40 guests seemed to come and go at just the right times, so there was room for all.  We are so thankful for everyone who came (and those who celebrated in Maynard, IA too).  And speaking of being thankful, we opted to request presence rather than presents this year.  In place of gifts, many of our family donated to Reece's Rainbow.  Amazing that just this morning I met a mom at our DS Mom's coffee who doesn't have a child with Down syndrome, but plans to adopt one - yes, from Reece's Rainbow!  So many thanks to our family - your donations will be helping a new friend, coming from Russia, to live with her forever family in Nebraska!

No comments: