It seems you say it every time...I can't believe it's been a whole year, it's gone by so fast. It has been an amazing year - filled with surprises, prayer, lessons in trust, patience and perseverance, miracles and most of all the love of our family and friends. Maybe it doesn't seem like a whole year since my baby is still just that. She's working hard to get around, rolling and army crawling all over the place. At the end of the day, this little girl loves to snuggle up with Mommy or Daddy and drift off to sleep.
Before Tristan was born, I cross stitched a poem about Rocking my baby, 'cause babies don't keep. I LOVE rocking babies. With Miss Eisley in the NICU for 6 weeks, I got to do a LOT of rocking - it was quiet and there were no other kids around needing my attention. Since Eisley takes a little longer to reach her milestones, it means my baby is going to "keep" just a little longer.
Tonight we celebrated her birth (thought back to some scary times), her life, her accomplishments. After a dinner out (where Eisley not only ate her baby food, but some bread, mashed potatoes and a fry) we headed home for cupcakes and ice cream.
I opted to not wrap her gifts since I would just be helping her unwrap them - a rocking chair to sit in for tube feedings and a Tiana doll. The kids all gathered around and cheered Little E on.
| Aunt Jen came through, so Eisley had a gift to actually open. |
| Not so safe option |
| A safe candle |
| Eisley can actually touch her nose with her tongue - a feature Grandpa Moser is proud to share with her! |
| Ok, getting a little full, maybe I shouldn't have had the extra piece of bread |
| After a bath, Eisley checked out her new digs |
As I went to run the bath for the girls, I thought back on the evening and how much I truely enjoyed it. All my kids gathered around to celebrate. Just our little family. It felt complete and whole. It was a wonderful night and I'm so glad we got to spend it together.
No comments:
Post a Comment