Saturday, May 22, 2010

Last week of Leave

This week seemed to fly right by.  I have to return to work next week after taking a month long leave for Eisley's surgery.  The girls spent the week enjoying a few beautiful days in the backyard.  I thought of taking them out to the zoo or to a park, but decided we should use the playset we worked so hard to put together last year.  Lexi got a new swing after the straps broke on hers last week - ask Keira about that one.  The swing lasted us for 9 years so it was easy to decide on just getting the same one again.

As a family we took a walk around the neighborhood on Tuesday night - not quite as long as I wanted to go, but a good start.  Wednesday Lexi and I walked/strolled for about an hour.  She's a great partner, a few comments here and there about birds or dogs, but otherwise just sits back and enjoys the ride.

Thursday was a very wet day.  Lexi got up, looked out the window and sang "Go away rain, rain, rain.  Go away - gotta play."  So adorable!  We spent part of the morning doing pedicures for all the girls, even Miss Eisley got a little pink on her toes! Lunch must have secretly contained naughty nellies so they all laid down had a good afternoon nap.  The opening ceremonies for the Nebraska Special Olympics were Thursday night as well, we opted not to go due to the crummy weather and foul moods of everyone, but really hope to get to Lincoln for the national SO in July.  I can't wait to see my girl running out there with her buddies in a few years!


According to Keira, Eisley did not make a snow angel, but a blanket angel:)

Friday is Eisley's day to go to the day care center.  I chose to send the other girls off to Nana's and have a few hours just to myself.  It was wonderful to get a little retail therapy in - all-by-myself!  I came home to a silent house, wow I forgot it could be that quiet!
A couple of my finds - a princess potty seat (NO, not a hat!) for Lexi and some jelly shoes for Eisley.

Today we enjoyed a graduation party for Chris Berger - son of our friends Kimberly and Tim from small group.  It was a good time to get together and see lots of people who no longer attend StoneBridge and plenty that still do.  Even the Houser's made it out (they moved to Atlantic, IA last summer).  Tristan had a good time catching up with his pal Russell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are braver than I to paint the toenails of someone so tiny! Way to go, Anne! I'll be thinking of you as you return to work tomorrow. :)