Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Backyard Fun

Everyone made it through my first day back to work.  Lexi ended up with marks all over her belly.  Supposedly these are from her trying to push the toy baby bottle into her tummy; I'm guessing in imitation of Miss Eisley.  We spent Tuesday morning (I know one whole workday and back home again - it's the rough life!) outside in the backyard.  Several years ago I purchased some simple I Can Draw books.  I'll never be able to compete with Sean, but figured these would help get through the basics.  Keira and I went through the animal book and drew with chalk - lions, cats, dolphins, rabbits, teddy bears, lizards, monkeys, fish and chickens.  After it rains - to wipe our slate clean - we'll try out the people.

Lexi kept herself busy running all over, throwing balls, drawing, chasing the dog and of course snacking - her new favorite is pistachios.  I can't shell them fast enough to be able to get a bite of one myself.  Even Eisley was enjoying the outdoors. She likes to move the blanket with her feet and then feel the grass with her toes. Although I thought she was in the shade the entire time, she did get a little sunkissed on her cheeks. Keira also showed me how she is learning to jump out of the swing. Not something I was quite ready for, but once you learn how to swing by yourself that is apparently the next step. I was a bit surprised to hear that coming from her since she is not the daredevil that Lexi is.



A close up of my bargain find that we'll share later with the cousin-to-be from down under.


And to top off a great day we made strawberry shortcake - Keira chose peaches instead because she thinks strawberries are sour!  Yummy, that leaves more for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!

I tagged you for a Blogger Award, see here: http://littledailyescape.blogspot.com/2010/05/versatile-blogger-award.html

Have a great day!!!