Here's most of the crew that joined us this morning at UNO. We are so thankful for everyone taking time out of their busy lives to spend with us, celebrate Down syndrome and support Eisley. Many others gave money, bought calendars, walked somewhere near them.
 |
| LOVE the signs Adam made for his wagon! |
 |
| Riding in style - she even dozed a bit towards the end |
Throughout the path of the walk, football players from Westside High School were stationed as guides. It was nice to see them out there supporting everyone. The path had to be changed just a bit from last year so we didn't cross the same bridge twice - there were too many people. More than 1 1/2 miles of people walking in support of those with Down syndrome - something you just can't adequately capture on film.
 |
| Wrapping up the walk, back up the hill |
As I walked today along the path there was a moment where I grabbed my hubby's hand and realized none of our kids were within arms length. I commented and before I could finish my thought, someone else pointed out where each one was. The kids were all in the pack of Little E's Big Team somewhere. They finished up with this - "That just shows you why we are here today - to show how much we care and that we will all help you out. It's what we are supposed to be doing." It was a moment of God saying - "See, I've got you covered."
1 comment:
What a great wrap-up! Looks like you had a beautiful day, and I'm so glad there are so many supporters out there -- for E's team, and also for Down Syndrome in general. Warms my heart. :)
Post a Comment