Saturday, October 15, 2011

Buddy Walk 2011 - Pre-Walk Festivities

This morning we celebrated our second annual Buddy Walk - the annual fundraiser and event to promote Down syndrome awareness.  It was a busy morning tying up loose ends and getting the house ready for lunch afterwards.  Here are the kids anxious to hit the road or at least the bounce houses!

Face painting and photo booth!

Sharing the love!

The boys checking out their winnings from the carnival games

Some of the girl power

Just us

Mommy & E

My girls from work

Nearly twins

Lexi chose a puppy for face paint and then was barking at people:)

The boys squeezed into the photo booth

The Hornes

The Pechs

The Grays
From face painting to carnival games to photo booth to bounce houses to a dance spot - the kids had a good time playing around this morning.  Somehow while we waited in line for the photo booth I got cornered into an interview with the local news station as well.  Hopefully the reporter does as he promised and airs the best parts:)  Afterwards I thought of so many other things to say, but was very thankful the press was there for some coverage this year.  The reporter admitted he had no idea that many people came to the Buddy Walk.  As the time for the walk approached the area we waited in got pretty crowded, maybe we'll be outgrowing UNO and have to move up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the face paint! The pictures so far are great. I can't wait to read about the walk itself.

I hope they do put the best stuff on the news... I recently had to do an on-camera bit for work, and I talked for 5 minutes straight, and they used maybe a 10-second clip. I know what you mean about feeling like you had more to say after the fact. :) I'm sure you did great, though.