Sunday, July 11, 2010

ODSPN & Royals Baseball

Today we got to enjoy a Royals baseball game at Rosenblatt, courtesy of Little E.  Omaha Down Syndrome Parents Network had tickets available and were partnered with the Royals to celebrate disability awareness.  It was great to see some of the friends we have made and even meet some new ones.  Lisa, who sat in front of us has a 7 yr old girl who has a feeding tube and has dealt with that for a long time.  I'm hoping to connect with her and learn what I can from her experience.

Yummy cotton candy (I guess Eisley is hidden behind it!)
Keira and Lexi waited in line to have their faces painted.

Lexi carefully picked out her own design and determined where she wanted it too.
Keira's rainbow was painted all at once with a rainbow of paints.
While Casey, the mascot, was down on the field Lexi kept yelling at him "Lion, Lion, come here!"  Once up close and personal she was a bit more shy.
Little E hung out and was a trooper, she actually slept most of the game.

No comments: