Friday, June 25, 2010

A Boyfriend ?!?

It's been a fairly quiet week as far as things go around our house.  Thunderstorms left practices cancelled and only 1 appointment on the books.  Miss Eisley caught a bit of the croup and ended up getting some steroids.  Big brother Tristan was a little concerned that his little sis would get steroids since they aren't good for athletes.  What a great question!  He does pay attention sometimes!

Speaking of being protective...Friday morning we dropped of Eisley and the teacher told me about a little boy there named Lucas who also has Down syndrome.  She said they will put Eisley and Lucas together and they babble away and play with each other.  "I think Eisley has a boyfriend," she said.  Just then Eisley gave her a big smile, a bit bashful and even blushing!  It was so adorable!

I got back to the van and told the kids Eisley has a boyfriend.  Tristan immediately says, "Who?!?"  I told him Lucas and how they play together.  "grumble, grumble...wonderful...grumble, grumble"  He is such a great big brother!

Other than revealing her friend, Eisley has also started an army crawl this week.  I would not have believed it a few weeks ago, but it happens right before your eyes.  Shoulders to the ground, toes dug into the carpet and forward she creeps.  When she's not working on the crawl, Eisley is checking out all the ways she can move.  Sometimes when she pauses for a break, her arms or legs are in odd positions -  it looks as if she's a doll cast upon the floor.  But no doll has the big smiles and magic dancing in their eyes like my Eisley.

The boys also got to escape Wednesday to the College World Series with Bobby and Anthony.  I think they had a good time.  I know the girls enjoyed a quick dinner out after tumbling followed by a girlie movie - The Princess and the Frog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Army crawl AND a boyfriend!!?? What a big week for Little E! :)