Wednesday, August 17, 2011

...and then...


Today was one of those days that I just wanted a do over, which likely wouldn't have changed much, but maybe I would have been better prepared.  Eventually I felt like anything else could happen and wouldn't matter. 

  •  Today was the first day of school, new schools for everyone since we moved this summer and the start of middleschool for T.  I dropped him off first, there were already crowds of kids everywhere - I could just see in his face how unsure he was of the whole thing.  It was a good thing I had plenty more to do, I really just wanted to scoop him up.
  • The schools are located in a neighborhood that has horsetrails and lots of twisty curvy roads.  Needless to say, I got lost - on the way to the elementary and on the way out.  We walked a few blocks and should have used the stroller - Lexi was worn out.
  • The girls and I had some time to spare before our next appointment.  We swung into Starbucks for a treat. 
  • Off to WIC - something I was not familiar with, but they provide the formula for Eisley's tubefeedings.  I just don't understand why everyone in that office acts the way they do, people are there to get help for their children and shouldn't walk away feeling like the scum of the earth for doing so.
  • Down the road to Childrens for labs and a chest x-ray.  Lexi stopped off at her favorite spot - Kids Camp.
  • A quick stop through the mall since we have time to spare before PT.  Eisley needs glasses, so now to figure out where to get them.  Eyemasters had one frame that fit her little face and it was boyish - yuck!  If you have to wear glasses they should at least be cute!
  • At physical therapy, which I thought would go ok, we had several adventures - Eisley cried a lot of the session, she's just not thrilled with walking and wants to do what she wants.  Lexi informed me she had to go potty and proceeded to leave a trail all the way down the hall (no more smoothies for her!).  And to top it off our therapist told us she has taken another job and has given her notice.
  • After a morning like that I looked forward to the reprieve of naptime - no such luck!
  • The doctors office called to say Eisley's liver tests were quite elevated, 10 times normal, platelets are down as well as WBC's.  At least I knew from our seminar with Brian Skotko to look at the diff and then not worry about the white count.
  • The girls had tumbling which I debated delaying until later in the week, but figured we could just knock it all out.  Typically this is a non-issue as well, but in keeping with how the day went Lexi had trouble sharing the trampoline and had to be redirected several times and then when she had class she just ran out.  Later I found out they were playing Duck-Duck-Goose (new game to her) and she was upset that someone came by and hit her on the head:)
  • During tumbling the nurse called to say that by the way, Eisley has a UTI too.
  • Lexi bit Keira during dinner
  • And the toughest part of all, my hubby's out of town!
Now that I'm done with my pity party, let's move on!  Time to rejoice.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds.  James 1:2

No comments: