Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had a great holiday with the Rich family.  After sleeping in until 7am, we slowly got moving, watched a bit of the parade, looked at ads and enjoyed some time at home.  Keira helped prepare the veggie tray - it's a big decision as to which slot each veggie should go in, you can't have all the green veggies together!  Off we went to a whole different state - Iowa!

Although we didn't have Great Grandpa on the floor playing games this year, we still had a great time visiting and the little ones played, went for walks and played some more.

As you may know we have been working to get Eisley to eat, as I ate my food she just looked at me like "Where's mine?"  So for her first Thanksgiving, Eisley had some mashed potatoes thinned out with the sauce from Great Grandma's noodles.  Although she doesn't take in a whole lot (a tsp or so), she did enjoy those few bites.  After a quick snuggle and actually letting Aunt Lu hold her, she snuggled up for a good afternoon nap with Uncle Andy.
Trying to show the future parents Amaiah's John Deere rattle.

Meditating - Eisely holds her fingers together as if that is what she's doing!

The three youngest Rich girls.

Someday, we'll be able to play downstairs too without the grownups!

And some more girl time, not sure why they all had to join in to help Lexi go potty!
This year I decided to get up and go shopping on Friday.  I had a list made out of stores, items and hours.  So since I couldn't sleep, why not score some bargains!  I hit the stores starting around 1 AM and got home shortly after 6.  I can see the advantage of having a shopping partner to take turns standing in lines while the other shops and then have breakfast afterwards.  It was nice to just have time to myself and ignore everyone else though.  Best of all, most of the shopping is done!

No comments: